- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces hot Italian sausage, casing removed, meat crumbled
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained (I used anchovy paste).
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 head of escarole (12 ounce), leaves torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sausage, anchovies and capers and cook over moderate heat, stirring to break up the meat, until cooked through, 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, radishes and escarole and stir until the escarole is wilted; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter, garnish with the tarragon and serve.